Huntlee Academy is committed to providing skills and training to all its employees. Our traineeships and/or fixed term 2-3 years engagements enable employees to graduate to a higher paid and more skillful long-term career outside the Academy.
The Academy has committed up to 20% of all profits towards a training budget which is used to pay for a partner registered training organization (RTO) to provide training in certificate and licensed courses, academic assistance, and a dedicated jobseeker agency while still working at the Academy.
We equip our employees with new skills and key employment attributes. Our training includes:
- Mandatory courses, ie. safety and preliminary courses aimed at work preparedness
- Competencies the basic skills to commence work at the academy
- Skill sets including shorter courses
- Certificate courses National Accreditation
- Licences and tickets to operate trucks, forklifts, bobcats, cars etc.
- Personal choice courses
- Employment skills including resume writing basic computer, interview skills.
The right tools & skills for the job
Huntlee Academy offers up to 22 competencies covering activities carried out during a working day as well as operating the plant and the associated tools and equipment needed (under active supervision).
- These include chainsaws, power tools, welders, mowers, whipper snippers, chemical application, motorised spreaders, aeraters, bobcats, Kanga loader, forklift, tractor, truck tipper, excavator, core drilling (concrete), fencing and landscaping equipment.
- Specific national licences can be completed with accreditation in truck MR, bobcat, tractor, forklift, white card, excavator operation. The Academy compound provides ample training spaces for onsite training and practice.
All training provided is linked to periodic employee performance reviews.
Huntlee Academy receives no direct government funding. Our budget is derived from contracts our business units undertake in the Huntlee, Branxton, Greta, Singleton, Cessnock, Pokolbin and North Rothbury area.